Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The never ending Cuff

This is my first Gint-A-Cuffs. This is only the second year for this fine event, so I guess it is probably a lot of people's first time. I am enjoying it, as I enjoy any excuse to rip packs. But it sure is a lot of work. Pardon the crappy pictures, they are pictures of the cards rather than scans, because I don't have a scanner. Also, I forgot to photograph the backside of minis that should have their backsides shown. If I face disqualification from a top-five position, than I will scan 'em. Otherwise, trust me.

Packs 13-18

Pack 13
48, Francis, horseshoeist (0)
280, Uehara, Balt, Amer (0)
90, Kouzmanoff Oak, Amer (0)



51, Holliday, StL, Nat'l (2 fp)
235, Guillen, Det, Amer (0)



347, Cabrera, Cin, Nat'l (2 sp)

Mini



307, Iwamura, Pit, Nat'l (3 sp)

History


Fukudome, Chi, Nat'l (1)

8 points

Pack 14

114, Scott, mild annoyance (0)*

*not nearly as annoying as that windbag douchefart Berman.

30, Furcal, La, Nat'l (0)
213, Reynolds, Arz, Nat'l (0)
49, Mejia, NY, Nat'l (0)


171, Young, Tex, Amer (2 fp)



331, Street, Col, Nat'l (2 sp)

Mini



182, Carpenter, Stl, Nat'l (3, black bordered mini) The black bordered minis are very classy, and I like them very much.

History


Halladay, Phi, Nat'l (3, hist, FP)

10 point pack

Pack 15
53, Carson, Oak, Amer (0)
277, Philbin, TV (0)
200, Berkman, Hou, Nat'l (0)
138, Vasquez, NY, Amer (-1)
58, Rasmus, Stl, Nat'l (0)


290, Lester, Bos, Amer (1 FT). I should have made Lester my FP, since I actually collect him, but I thought of Ortiz and just assumed he would be in the set. I mean, he is only top 5 most popular players in the league... what the hell Topps?

Mini


Aphrodite, Lord(ess?) of Olympus (3, LO). Wouldn't Athenian Gods or something be a better title if you are making it an equal opportunity set?

History


Upton, Arz, Nat'l (1)

Four points, thanks to that Yankee bastard Vasquez

Pack 16
128, Florine, Ropes and rocks (0)
236, Johnson, flexible eye candy (0)
44, Coghlan, Fla, Nat'l (0)
210, Johnson, Hou, Nat'l (0)
191, Morneau, Min, Amer (0)



sketch card, Utley, Phi, Nat'l (3, +2 fp, 5)

Mini


285, Rodriquez, Ny, Amer (-1 NYY, 2 ginter back, 1). Again, it really is Ginter backed.

History


McCann, Atl, Nat'l (1)

7 points

Pack 17
297, Newton, sexy-haired apple dropper (0)


165, Jacoby, blogger-extrordinaire, (1)
154, Fransicso, Cin, Nat'l (0)
245, Dunn, Atl, Nat'l (0)
260, Young, SD, Nat'l (0)
117, Walker, Pit, Nat'l (0)

Mini


Aurelius, Worlds Wordsmiths (4)

History


Hill, Tor, Amer (1)

6 points.

Pack 18
135, Blackburn, Nat'l Association of Paper Planists (0)
54, Hawk, Skateboarder (0)
263, Tejada, NY, Nat'l (0)
137, Zimmerman, Was, Nat'l (0)
64, Beckett, Bos, Amer (1, FT)


sketch, Tulowitzki, Col, Nat'l (3)


Mini


Monsters of the Mesozoic, Pachycephalosaurus (3). Pack-y-sef-alo-saurus. Maybe.

History


Kinsler, Tex, Amer (1)



8 points

43 this group. Puts me over 100 points, with a surprise to go.

2 comments:

  1. Your Pachysephalosaurus phoenetics were right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Ortiz, no Jeter, but lots of second-year nobodies I've never heard of. This is my least favorite part of Ginter this year.

    ReplyDelete