Monday, March 1, 2010

Refracted

I picked up a Topps 2010 S1 cereal box at KMart the other day. I don't know, I guess I thought the box was cute or something. I did get a couple new cards for the set, and this:


I don't remember what it is called, but it is shiny and corrugated, and a #@$% Yankee. But that #@%@ is tempered somewhat by the fact that is it Mickey Mantle, who was awful good I hear.

So you can get Topps packs, double packs (whatever they are called) blasters, cereal boxes, and regular boxes (hobby and I guess retail, although I have only ever seen gravity feeders). The blasters have those silly manufactured patches- the patches are cool, the cards suck, and cereal boxes have these shiny deals.

Plus, depending on which big box store you shop at (the evil one, or the one that is probably just as evil, but more trendy) you get different minis. And if you go to the hobby store you might just pull a crappy artifact card.

Add to that all the various inserts, and the 2010 Topps is a collectors (expensive) dream. Or nightmare, depending on your level of obsessive compulsiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment